Loft two cross sections with Path curve not working

Dear forum members,

i try to loft by selecting two cross sections and selecting a path curve.
In AutoCAD this works with splined 3D Polylines (quadratic and cubic, see attached DWG).
In BricsCAD this doesn't work somehow and i get following error messages...

3D POLYLINE - NOT SPLINED
Modeling operation error:
Skin path does not intersect a profile plane
Could not loft using the selected entities.

3D POLYLINE - SPLINED - QUADRATIC or CUBIC
Modeling operation error:
this functionality has not yet been implemented
Could not loft using the selected entities.

Do i make something wrong or is there a way to overcome this problem or is this functionality really not implemented?

Can someone give me a hint please?

Thank you and kind regards!
Chris

Comments

• Hi Chris,
    I still get the same error messages in V23.1
    The "Path" option of the Loft command is not yet implemented functionality !
    I had placed a support request on the 14/10/2015 and got the answer that the problem was due to missing functionality in the ACIS and ODA libraries....unfortunately....the reasons still hold true...
  • Thank you for your reply, Konstantin!
    That's a quite limiting issue, I hope it will be implemented soon...
  • Alij
    edited February 2023
    I have used loft but only 2d polylines

Edit actually I did do single lines then join and I guess they were a 3d poly
  • Hi everyone
    I've had success by approximating arcs ALIGNED to a 3d polyline . It seems to favour geometric (ARCS AND STRAIGHT LINES) rather than the larger number of segments involved in a polyline or spline.
    A bit like the old french curves in manual drafting they all have a single radius centre. This is also good when creating regions in preparation for lofting. Avoid filleting profile outlines too as these create more segments. Replace fillets with arcs which only have a start,midpoint and end.
    Also make sure that loftng profile outlines are 'closed'.
    Hope this makes sense.