GISImport

The GISImport dialog box implies that I can import the GIS data (from the associated DBF file) along with the point, line, and polygon entities contained in the Shape file. With my Civil/Map 3D head on I would see this as Object Data attached to each entity. Is there any way of accessing this GIS data in BricsCAD? I have written lisp routines for Civil that use the ade_odgettables and ade_odgetfield functions to insert blocks and create text/mtext based on the object data and wanted to see if these could be ported over to BricsCAD.

Comments

• Did you try ?
  • Yes, tried it and get

; ----- Error around expression -----
    ; (ADE_ODGETTABLES (SETQ PIPE_MO ENT))

I thought I had read somewhere that ADE functions weren't supported in Briscad but can't find that reference now.
  • If you have to import (and edit) GIS data frequently it might be an option to have a look at Spatial Manager or MapWorks.

If the primary focus is handling the attribute data of the objects then Spatial Manager might be the better option as it is a bit more user friendly than MapWorks in that area. If you need more extended GIS fuctionality then MapWorks may have the options you need that Spatial Manager may not have. They are both good add-ons so you may want to try them out first before deciding. Both will import the data from the DBF file as extended entity data (EED) attached to the objects.
  • ALANH
    edited June 2023
    Did you try asking Bricscad ? Lodge a support request they are very helpful. I asked about something and its now in V23.