Get Volume of Excavation

Hi,

I've got the upper edge (green in picture) and the botton edge (black in picture) of an excavation. How can I determine the volume of the that has been dug?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Hi! I'd try to create a solid by LOFT command using these entities as cross sections and check its volume.
  • There are several ways to get volumes. Using the TIN Surfaces and TIN Volume surface commands, the procedure is as follows:

- Run the TIN command and create a TIN surface from green and black edges selecting Breaklines when prompted.
    - Create a second TIN surface by selecting the upper edge, again selecting Breaklines when prompted.
    - To help distinguish between the two TIN surfaces, select on the new TIN surface and in the Properties panel change the color from Bylayer to something different (such as red).
    - Run the TINVOLUME command and select red TIN surface for base surface and another surface for comparison surface.
    - Select the resulting TIN Volume Surface and in the Properties panel under TIN Volume Statistic, you can find information about volumes.
  • Hello, make a loft as Osina suggested:
    Move one of the figures in the Z direction at a distance equivalent to the desired depth, apply the Loft command by selecting one figure and then the other, then Massprop command. A list of the geometric properties of the created solid, including the volume will be available (F2).