combine Gradings

just started working with gradings and raan into a couple problems. my main goal is to model excavations. doing so with a set slope is easy enough and using different cut and fill angles works as well.

However i need to have some parts done with e.g. 85° and others with 45°. is there a possibility do assign different segments of my initial polyline different angles and have Bricscad combine them automatically? If this is not possible, how best to go abut combining different angled grading so i can get a net excavation volume?

another issue is that i can't find how to preserve the right angle when grading the polyline, so my edges are all curved. I would like them to be squared but couldn't find anything in the settings.

lastly i wondered if it is possible to have the top 1m of the grading angled differently than the rest of it.

all of this will then be combined with a tin surface i extracted from existing data.

thanks for all the help. eager to learn more about these new features

Comments

• When you're setting up your grading, you can select only a portion of the polyline that you're using as your grading base. After you select your TIN surface, you will get a prompt "Select Start [Entire Length]". If you hit enter then it will use the entire polyline. Otherwise you can select your start and end locations to do only a portion of the entity.

As for your second part. I'm not sure. I think the corridor creation tools have more options, so if it's possible you might be able to set it up as an alignment and corridor to get it to do what you want.