Cannot load .net plugin: Demandload failed due to dependencies problems

I have a .net plugin that works in both Bricscad 22.x and 23.x. When I create a new version of the plugin (by compiling/publishing in visual studio and copying the files over the old one in the bricscad folder), the plugin still works on my pc where bricscad 22 is installed, but it stops working on my client's PC where bricscad 23 is installed. The error message is "Demandload failed due to dependencies problems".

How do I figure out what dependencies cause the problem? Or are there any general tips as to where to look?

Comments

• Are you referencing the BricsCAD V22 managed assemblies or the BricsCAD V23 managed assemblies? The same or older version than the one where it fails to load? It should normally work fine as long as you reference the older assemblies, unless your code happens to be using something new that was not available in V22.

Because of the late binding, runtime logging is required to check for managed assembly dependencies. You can use something like Fusion Logger (see e.g. this discussion on StackOverflow).
  • I assume I'm referencing the older version (22). I'll check out Fusion Logger, thanks for the pointer.
  • referencing the COM libraries is usually the problem, if this is the case its better to use "dynamic" methods and dump the COM references
  • referencing the COM libraries is usually the problem, if this is the case its better to use "dynamic" methods and dump the COM references

What do you mean, COM Libraries? Are these the BrxMgd.dll and TD_Mgd.dll files? I also have no idea what you mean with dumping com references.
  • bricscadapp and bricscaddb references
  • I dont think i have those in my project