Perspective Sections

Hi Folks,

Out of curiousity I'm just wondering if anyone's got a quick and reliable way of creating perspective sections in Bricscad?

Using SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK ignores perspective view when creating blocks.

I can't seem to get FLATSHOT to register the section planes - it does take into account the perspective view, but creates a block as if there's no section plane activated. You could choose to include hidden lines, but then you'd have to do a lot of manual cleaning up.

Using SOLPROF gets close - but it doesn't really use the section plane properly, it just seems to hide solids beyond the section plane so wouldn't really suffice either. It also doesn't seem to include blocks, so you'd have to go and explode any blocks first.

This is more of a 'would be cool if I could do this' situation, I'm not keen enough to start exporting to PDFs or other file types to re-import or anything that involved.

I've attached the DWG + a screenshot of more or less exactly what I'd like FLATSHOT or a similar command to produce a block version of, so that I could draw over the top of the created block but then refresh the block if necessary.

Thanks!

Ben

Comments

• Hi Ben,
    Follow the steps:
    1. Stay in parallel mode NOT perspective, place all Solids and the Section in separate layers which can be frozen later on...i have placed everything in layer 3Dsolids.

2. Using the SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK command create a 3D cutaway Section

3. Place the 3D section (cyan) in a separate layer e.g. 3dcutawaySection , freeze the layer with the solids
    and turn the perspective mode ON ! Now you have ONLY the Cutaway block in perspective view.

4. Using the FLATSHOT command you can now produce separate files with the wished perspectives...!
    The options to insert a new block or replace an existing block in the current file unfortunately do not work....i don't know why...?
    you find the files attached....

• In order to get always the same perspective view saved after changes, you should just save every perspective of the 3d cutaway Section Block in a separate view....just a workaround for not being able to update the existing flatshot-block in the active file...
  • I can now create flatshot-blocks in the attached PerspectiveSections3D.dwg, so all options of the FLATSHOT command can be used, i just couldn't see the created blocks due to the visually clipped area of of the section plane
    They were there but not visible.....