DEScoder project - all files in a directory

Hi,

I'm freshly trying to export a .DES project to a client. I love the simplicity of DEScoder to collect and encrypt all the lisp files. @Torsten Moses

The thing is, i prefer to keep all the source lisps separated into 2 categories, so 2 different folders, one being for the custom designed commands and the other for the general utility functions used by the commands.

I plan to update the solution in the future and will be adding new function lisps. I plan to run the .prv file using DEScoder.exe which automatically creates a new updated .DES file.

Is there a way, probably directly in the .prv code, to instruct the project to gather all lisps found in a certain directory, instead of manually selecting the lisps and risking to miss the newly created ones?

I could then simply run DEScoder and send the new .DES without ever risking that a new utility lisp is missing to run the command.

Comments

• Dear,

as far as I see, there is no way to just specify a folder, with or without wildcards, to automatically select all contained Lisp files ...
    mainly, as this would brake the compatibility with AutoCAD then :-( as .prj and .prv project definitions are intended to work identically on both CAD systems.

But you might create a little Lisp routine, which *generates* your .prv/.prj file, with all .lsp/.dcl/.txt files found in 1,2,... folders, that you select by such Lips tool ...
    (such tool can also be created by VB/VBA/NET/... whatever programming language)

And still, the generated .prv/.prj file would be compatible with both systems :-)
    many greetings !
  • Thanks a lot @Torsten Moses .
    I think that says it all.

On a similar tangent, do you know a good automatic way to track dependencies between Lisp files?
    A strong tool that would find all the defun statement in multiple lisp files and track where (what files) the function is used in...

That could improve my script which would create the .prv file.
  • There is a windows command Findstr I use it all the time you can say look for "defun" in lsp files and save the answer.

Go to lower left and click on windows square and type cmd
    CD c:/mylisps type in your directory for the location of the lisps
    Findstr defun *.lsp >listofdefuns.txt

You now have a text file with all your lisps with a "defun" in it.

ps you can add a include subdirectories.
  • Thanks @ALANH ! I remember reading your method on CadTutor (i think), but couldn't find it again.

I'll try some AI coding to write the rest of a .BAT routine that would find the custom functions as well.

Thanks.
  • > On a similar tangent, do you know a good automatic way to track dependencies between Lisp files?
    > A strong tool that would find all the defun statement in multiple lisp files and track where (what files) the function is used in.

BLADE (Syntax Analysis) has also some features to analyse Lisp code, missing functions etc. :-)
    greetings !