Saving Custom Hatching For Predefined Access

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get it so that every time I open BricsCad, the default Hatching option is the one I use most regularly.

Typically, I use 'user Defined' to set it to how I like it (ANS131 with a red/cyan cross-hatch with 0.5 spacing), how might I go about saving these settings as a pre-defined option that appears as default whenever the app is launched? Could someone explain it step by step for me, as a newbie that may get lost with some of the lingo.

Much appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Comments

• ALANH
    edited June 2023
    If you do Setvar ? * you will see all the setvar values and yes lots of them ok the hint look at HP vars.
    HPANG 0.000
    HPANNOTATIVE 0
    HPASSOC 0
    HPBACKGROUNDCOLOR "NONE"
    HPBOUND 1
    HPBOUNDRETAIN 0
    HPCOLOR "."
    HPDOUBLE 0
    HPDRAWORDER 3
    HPGAPTOL 0.500
    HPISLANDDETECTION 0
    HPLAYER "."
    HPLINETYPE 0
    HPMAXAREAS 0
    HPNAME ""
    HPOBJWARNING 10000
    HPORIGIN X= 0.000 Y= 0.000 Z= 0.000
    HPSCALE 1.000
    HPSEPARATE 0
    HPSPACE 1.000
    HPTRANSPARENCY "."

You can do hpname or in a lisp (setvar 'hpname "Ansi31") you can do this in a "Appload" lisp file that has your setvars in it like Osnaps etc but that is Osmode. I will let you work out the 0.5 which variable from above.

Use "-hatch" and the predefined should be set correct and no dialouge.

If you dont know about autoload lisp on start up come back.
  • You can also create Hatch tools with desired options on Tool palette, and use them when necessary instead of Hatch command: https://help.bricsys.com/document/_guides--BCAD_customization--GD_workingwithtoolpalettes/V23/EN_US?id=165079143757
  • These are both very helpful answers, thank you for your thorough responses!