Parametric Block need enhancement

Tried to create a hot rolled steel profile from scratch in Bricscad, finally I just gave up and did it in AutoCAD, then open it in Bricscad. I think there are a few important features should be considered in Bricscad.
  • Constraint Status. Make it easier to check whether the profile is fully constrained or not.
  • Construction geometries. Convert selected geometries to Construction, so it will not show in output block. Refer to below image, Reference geometries is very useful to define the shape, it will be used for symmetric constraint, and define the key point for thickness of the slope.

Comments

• ALANH
    edited June 2023
    Products like "Wisey" steel sections have a huge library of shapes all pre coded so you may be reinventing the wheel.

It has data files with all those variables in it so just creates the shape as say a pline. Simple to block.
  • I think OP is correct, that these tools could be better in BricsCAD.

I do not understand the comment from you ALANH.
    OP is bringing up a valid point to make BricsCAD better.
    Doest not matter if he is reinventing the wheel, the example is valid IMO.
  • I am looking at updating to V23 as version I have does not allow dynamic block editing, yes need dynamic blocks to work as simple as possible.
  • Thanks Anyway, ALANH. The steel section is just a example to make my point explained. There are rich content we can download and use, sometimes, we still need the tool to build it from scratch.