Parametric Block Poar Array

Hi,
I am trying to create a simple flange parametric block using the polar array. I have control over every element except for the source data. I simply want to add an outside diameter, PCD, number of holes and hole diameter. Any help, please

Comments

• Google have seen an extensive dynamic block for flanges. Had lots of smarts. I am not mechanical, Google "make flange dynamic block Autocad lisp"
  • Jason Bourhill
    edited June 2023
    Attach an example.

The trick is to link parameters of the first bolt hole to parameters in the main model prior to using ARRAYPOLAR. If you do this, then the parameters are exposed in the created array object, which allows you to drive them.

I've done it using a 3D model, but the concept is the same for 2D.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V23 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • The OP requested a parametric solution, which is possible to do. There are advantages to this approach that you won't necessarily access with a LISP tool.

For 3D, there is a built-in library for pipe fittings. This is accessible for anyone with BricsCAD Pro or greater.

You can access by going to using LIBRARYPANELOPEN to open the library panel.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V23 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • aridzv
    edited June 2023
    @dels@bbo.co.nz
    see this tutorial video.
    This shows the complete process of creating a fully parametric flange,
    And from minute 6:50 he also discusses the topic of connecting the object to the Excel table to create any number of flanges from that one parametric model.