Parametric Block / Dynamic block

In Dynamic blocks you have the option to use construction geometry that wil not display when using the block. What do I use for Parametric block to do the same?

Comments

• I am on V14, so my version is quite old. But, you could put the construction geometry on the layer called Defpoints. This is a layer that is automatically created in a drawing the first time you make a dimension. It has the points that define the ends of the dimension extension lines. It is already set to not print.

To prevent the construction lines from showing very much, set them to be a color that is close to your background color. So, a dark gray if you use black, and a light gray, if you use white. Another trick, if you really want them to almost disappear, is to set them to be the DOT linetype and the line to have a Linetype scale that is large enough so that only the ends of the line show as a dot.
  • In BricsCAD you can use the SUPPRESS command to control the display of entities. Display can be toggled via the Mechanical Browser.

Attach a drawing as an example.

You could also use VISBILITYSTATES, but this will create exposed parameters in your model which may not be desirable. You will notice if you use this command, that it actually creates suppression features to do the work.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V23 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts