Zoom with mouse wheel very slow - BricsCad 22

I'm using an high resolution wheel (logitech m525 mouse) and zooming with the wheel is a pain.
I noticed that also scrolling the command line is a pain too, so I guess that BricsCad doesn't skip (adding) many subsequent wheel events, but for each event it does the zoom/scroll.
Wheel events should be cumulated in a single zoom operation when coming too fast.
Proof is that if I use dynamic zoom and / or pan all is perfect and fast.

Comments

• An update : if I disable the wheel "high resolution scrolling" the behaviour is quite better, but only if I just zoom without any active drawing/moving command.
    If I draw a line, when moving the cursor to set secon point the movement starts to be slow and erratic and almost unusable. I even disabled all "helpers" (tooltips, snap symbols, etc) but almost no changes. It seems that bricscad is doing something heavy with display. On windows it's all ok.
    I'll try (don't know if it is possible) to run on linux over wine. I run an old autocad version (2005) on wine and it is perfect, so that's not a problem of my system.
  • Another update : tested windows version on wine "emulator" (same machine) and the behaviour is MUCH better.
    Of course, running on wine has many caveats (even if it runs much better than expected).
    I think that graphic linux drivers must be rethinked. It's weird that running through an "emulator" brings better performances than native...
    If some developer need some more testing just ask.
    I'd really like to migrate to bricscad Linux from my (very) old autocad 2005, but by now for mi the lags make bricscad unusable.
  • MilesAlex
    edited October 2023
    I have the same problem and prevents me from using Bricscad on Linux (which I would much prefer)
    Whilst a command is active eg. Line or Dimension and at the same time panning/zooming the performance is extremely sluggish and unusable. It is worse with my Logitech MX 3 than my 3D connexion mouse.
    I've tried all sorts of settings within Bricscad, even ran it in Wayland without success.
    I hope/wish this could be fixed.
  • MilesAlex said:

I have the same problem and prevents me from using Bricscad on Linux (which I would much prefer)
    Whilst a command is active eg. Line or Dimension and at the same time panning/zooming the performance is extremely sluggish and unusable. It is worse with my Logitech MX 3 than my 3D connexion mouse.
    I've tried all sorts of settings within Bricscad, even ran it in Wayland without success.
    I hope/wish this could be fixed.

Could you please try the windows version on wine too ? By now I found just a couple of minor caveats, but it's running smoothly. Just install wine from repository, open a terminal, do:

export WINEPREFIX=/home//.wine-bricscad
    wine winecfg
    (just wait and close the dialog)
    cd /
    wine BricsCAD-V23.2.06-1-en_US\(x64\).msi

If you need some help just ask!
  • Ok I will try later today and let you know
  • I experience the laggy and sluggish behaviour too.

Looking at the CPU utilization shows clearly, that BricsCAD does only use one CPU core - multithreading seems not to be used.
    Perhaps you can look at that on Windows.