Way to sum multiple volumes from solids (mass properties)?

JorisHoogstede
edited July 2023 in 3D Modeling
In BricsCAD is there a way to sum multiple volumes from solids without using Union-command?
When selecting multiple solids no Mass-properties are shown. Would be very nice to have the ability to see the total volume of multiple solids. I thought it was possible in an earlier version, but in the latest version I can't get them summed together?

Comments

• I think MASSPROP command displays volume of several selected solids.
  • Thank you Lyubov_Osina!

That indeed gives a total of the volumes selected.

I'll post a feature request for a volume-total in the properties section. Like the properties panel does with areas and lengths which are nicely summed in a total when selecting multiple polylines.
  • Tom Foster
    edited July 2023

when selecting multiple polylines.

and Lines

• Beste Joris,

If you have bricscad Mechanical, you can also use the Bill of materials to calculate the total weight of all solids in an assembly.

• The plugin A>V>C> Properties Palette allows you to measure solids, shows the total properties (including length, volume, weight and price). And also the Palette allows you to set the properties of the material so as to calculate the mass and price of parts. In this case, Mechanical is not needed.
  • Robert said:

Beste Joris,

If you have bricscad Mechanical, you can also use the Bill of materials to calculate the total weight of all solids in an assembly.

I don't have Mechanical, but thank you anyway for thinking with me!
  • avc said:

The plugin A>V>C> Properties Palette allows you to measure solids, shows the total properties (including length, volume, weight and price). And also the Palette allows you to set the properties of the material so as to calculate the mass and price of parts. In this case, Mechanical is not needed.

That could also be a way to do it, but not for free I'm afraid. And since the BricsCAD software can measure 1 solid, I would guess that it couldn't be very difficult to create a way to show multiple solids (maybe with a maximum that can be set in the settings to prevent problems?).