Profile manager ???

Is there a list of specific instructions on how to use the profile manager? I have been trying off and on for years and I cannot get it to do anything but generate 1kb files. I can save in the profile manager but when imported nothing happens or changes. no dialog box , no screen change. nothing. no acknowledgment

Comments

• We have done this for years but in Autocad, should be the same for Bricscad. You set up Bricscad how you want it menu's support paths, toolbars etc etc Export out a profile Arg file, trying to remember re import the arg file. Close Cad. It has to exist as an optional profile when you start.

Ok make a copy of your desktop icon to start Cad, copy back onto the desktop, click once right button mouse select Shortcut, Target, you need to add /P "your profile name". As an example in CIV3D /P <<C3D Metric >> changed to /P Andy. I changed also the icon label to say My Bricscad.

Most important make a copy !!! If it goes wrong still have original.
  • Thank you for your suggestions. Part of the problem is the profile manager is generating "ARG"
    File that are 1kb in size.

All of this came about due to a new PC. I think I will just find the ARG file on the old PC and
    Manually copy it over.

Again Than You
  • Hi No1vectorman
    does it work for you with the copy?
    This only works if all installation paths are exactly the same on both PCs.
    With Acad I sometimes had to rename the ARG file to REG and double-click to write to the registry to get all the settings applied (if you read the ARG file with an editor, you'll see that it's basically a REG file is...)
    Maybe that helps?