Autocad COMMAND equivalence

Hello,

I've noted that whilst...
(command ".explode" (entlast) "") does work in Acad it doesn't in Bricscad.
(command ".explode" (entlast)) does work though!

The extra empty input (carriage return) that is needed in Acad to "complete" the input actually invokes the previous (pre lisp routine) command when ran in Bricscad.

I know using commandline from lisp is not the best practice, but are there any other known examples with differences in command equivalence?

Kind regards

Chris

PS. loving Steve Johnson's BLADE movies on youtube!

Comments

• Hello Chris,
    (command "_.explode" (entlast) "")
    In the German AutoCAD 2021 the repetition of the last command is also started, just like in BricsCAD.
    best regards
    Jörn
  • If you have Acad and Bricscad can look at a IF with (vlax-product-key) check using Wcmatch. So run correct version. There are a couple of others like Reverse, and Polygon.
  • I'm just migrating old code, so I don't need to flip between versions. For my limited abilities, supporting more than one version would be cumbersome! Although I do sometimes give or publish stuff that may be used by others in Acad. I've been hacking autolisp (usually other people's autolisp) for a while, and this is the first time I've come up against it. Thanks.
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited August 2023

(command ".explode" (entlast) "") does work in Acad it doesn't in Bricscad.

Are you comparing the same versions? I remember a time when I had to change the number of pairs of double-quotes in some of my lisp functions, but I remember it as a migration between versions, not the migration to Bricscad.

• (command ".explode" (entlast) "") does work in Acad it doesn't in Bricscad.

Are you comparing the same versions? I remember a time when I had to change the number of pairs of double-quotes in some of my lisp functions, but I remember it as a migration between versions, not the migration to Bricscad.

I think it's always been said that using command is a bit of a quick and dirty method! Life's too short to use Entmake all the time though!