How do you measure your 3D objects and assemblies?

Hello fine people,
I have been using Bricscad for 6 years now.
And i'm wondering how do you measure objects in 3D?
Lets say you have a cube and you wan't to measure the size, what tool do you use?

In the beginning I tried to use the "Distance" tool in under Tools in the ribbonbar.
But this tool does not allow me to select to faces to measure. So at a certain point I started to use the contraint tools to meaure "DMdistance3d". And this works, but it feels off using it to measure. Ive made a few feature requests for a decent "measure" funcition but so far it has not been implemented.

But then I thought maybe i'm just dumb and maybe I have just missed a tool or i'm using the tools wrong.

So what do you use?

Comments

• I made a rather complex algorithm for measuring solids, regardless of their rotation in space. You can start the measurement and view the metric in the AVC Properties Palette plugin.
  • I use most of te time the "Distance" tool. I mostly type the command in "DIST" to activate. It give's me the quickest way the 4 most used dimension in the command bar (x, y, z, and total length). With the use of the correct snappoints, it mostly gives me the good results. Should Bricscad have a tool to measure the diameter in a same way, that should really help me.
  • PiCo said:

type the command in "DIST"

"DI" will do it

• Thanks for the replies, good to know i'm not missing some hidden function.
  • Also just pick areas