Rotate Model Space View

I want to rotate the modelspace view 90 degrees and for the life of me can't figure out how too in BricsCAD. In ACAD, I achieve this by hovering over the Navcube and clicking the little arrows that pop up. BCAD doesn't have similar arrows. Is there a command or another means to achieve this modelspace rotation?

Comments

• Right click the LookFrom widget and choose Twist Mode.
  • mebicad said:

Right click the LookFrom widget and choose Twist Mode.

Would have never guessed! Cool feature, poorly named. Must derive from Twist option of DVIEW command, as inherited from AutoCAD. To me, twist implies distortion under a torque; better would be Roll view mode.

To rotate the modelspace view about the z-axis (before I learned of this Twist mode) or to any other non-standard orientation, I first set the UCS to align with the xy plane of my desired view and then use the PLAN command.
  • Tom Foster
    edited September 2023
    Bloody ell that is dramatic - could vastly simplify my 2D workflow. Could make feasible the 'pinwheel' method of laying out N,S,E and W elevations in modelspace (so if N is 'normal', S is upside down and E and W are sideways, until you TWIST the lot to suit which you want to work on). Umm, not so sure, but worth a try.
  • Just did some stuff today easy way is using VPOINT. use the numbers below VPOINT 1,1,1 etc the cond sets a viewport direction used with creating layouts.

(cond
    ((= ans "3d Front")(vla-put-direction obj (list -1 -1 -1)))
    ((= ans "3d Back") (vla-put-direction obj (list 1 1 1)))
    ((= ans "3d Left") (vla-put-direction obj (list -1 1 1)))
    ((= ans "3d Right")(vla-put-direction obj (list 1 -1 1)))
    ((= ans "Front") (vla-put-direction obj (list 0 -1 0)))
    ((= ans "Back") (vla-put-direction obj (list 0 1 0)))
    ((= ans "Left") (vla-put-direction obj (list -1 0 0)))
    ((= ans "Right") (vla-put-direction obj (list 1 0 0)))
    )
  • mebicad said:

Right click the LookFrom widget and choose Twist Mode.

Thanks! That is what I was looking for. Find it weird that's not the default for BricsLT since it can't do 3D but whatever. I agree with Scott that the "twist" is a poor word choice. I even right clicked that thing multiple times but never thought Twist is what I was looking for.

Now I just need to figure out how to mark it as a solution....
  • Forgot Navvcube turn it on can select direction.