Issue with Insertion type (insert-command)

I use a lot of -insert commands in my LISP routines and in V24 it inserts all blocks as XREFs. Is there a way to set this to 'regular' behaviour, so insert as block?

Kind regards

Jeroen Berkers
A-booth

Comments

• There’s a checkbox in the insert dialog, maybe this flag is mistakenly persisted in lisp
  • The online help for the -INSERT command says there's an Insertion Type option, with E = external reference and L = local component. My older version doesn't accept those option letters, and doesn't have an "Insert external reference" option in its Insert Block dialog box.
  • I did a quick check in V24 using the following options and they all worked
    (command "._-INSERT" "MyBlock" "_SC" 1.0 pause 0.0)

(command "._-INSERT" "MyBlock" pause 1.0 1.0 0.0)

(command "._INSERT" "MyBlock" "_SC" 1.0 pause 0.0)

(command "._INSERT" "MyBlock" pause 1.0 1.0 0.0)
    I would check the syntax you've used for your command call carefully. If it's not quite right, then it will cause problems.

The command line options for INSERT & -INSERT are different. With LISP it isn't necessary to use -INSERT. Perhaps just change your command call to INSERT instead.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V24 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • Interesting that the Type option doesn't appear if the Insert command is using a block that already exists in the Dwg... This I didn't know.

If is not already loaded, somehow the Type option defaulting to "External"? I tested the process of inserting a Dwg with the External Type (Xref) option, and then repeating the command, but it did not use the previous setting as a default... So the behavior is strange.

Does this happen in all Dwgs?