Create Rectangle from excel

Good Morning.

I want to ask, how do you make a rectangle in BricsCAD with VBA macro Excel..?
if the rectangle you want to make is from a lot of data?

Comments

• Do you want to run a VBA macro in Excel that draws rectangles in Bricscad ?
    OR
    Run a VBA macro IN Bricscad, which reads the the data from Excel and draws the rectangles ?
  • I've created a program to do just this, back in 2014, before dynamic blocks were added. Here is how I currently recall it working (though I am not 100% Confident of every step)

I had a list of dimensions for evaporators in Excel. The VBA existed in Excel. The user had a page in excel, to select which evaporator to create, and a button to send it to BricsCAD. Then the VBA code in Excel would open a new drawing in Bricscad and use the commands listed in Excel to create the rectangle plus a few other lines. Then it copied everything to the clipboard, and closed the drawing file it created. Then, the user could go to the drawing where they wanted the evaporator to show, and would paste it as a block.

I've tried to find that thread, but was not able to find the main discussion about it. If you search for Excel and Joe and sort by date to get hits in the year 2014, you can see some of the posts about the difficulties I ran into, which were eventually solved.

-Joe
  • Thank You so Much for everything.
    my question has been answered.