BricsCAD for Electrical?

Any suggestions on how to use BricsCAD for electrical? Single line diagrams, schematics, installations drawings etc.

Comments

• I use prototype blocks and 1.1MB of custom lisp routines. Things like device symbols are inserted using LISP, so it generally takes a click for the insertion point then a click for which side of the side of the line. Rotation of the symbols is automatic in most cases. I have lisp routines which add arcs between devices to show circuiting. On more recent jobs I've been showing circuit numbers at each receptacle instead of showing circuiting, using lisp which orients the circuit numbers based on device rotation. Panel schedules are also blocks which are automatically exploded when they are inserted. I edit the default text as required then run a one click lisp routine which reads the data from the screen and adds the panel. One line diagrams have an OpenDCL front end to enter voltage, ampacity, fault current rating, fuses or breakers, etc., then draws an annotated basic one line with two panels. I stretch and copy if more panels are needed.

• You could look at Design Master Software as well.
  • You could look at CADprofi Electrical in the application store
    https://boa.bricsys.com/applications/a/?cadprofi-electrical-a148-al63