UCS Elevation in Properties

What does the UCS Elevation in Properties of an entity, say a Line, actually mean - why is it only 'max' and 'min' rather than a xyz? An entity's UCS Elevation is often (usually?) a bit off, especially when working in 3D.
I guess it's the UCS that was current at the time the entity was created. Given Brics' rather approximate snapping accuracy (apparent when you set unit precision to [8] 0.000000 and Visualstyle to 2dWireframe), 3D temporary UCS position and orientation is bound to be error-prone.
Why is UCS Elevation in Properties greyed out, not editable?
So how can it be corrected, other than by FLATTEN, which creates all sorts of havoc?

Are an entity's editable x, y, z numbers in Properties relative to that UCS Elevation, or to current UCS e.g. UCS>World?

The errors, due to Brics' approximate snapping accuracy, in the x, y, z numbers of an entity can be corrected in Properties before compounding inaccuracies by further snapping to already erroneous entites.

But the entity's errors in UCS Elevation can't be corrected in Properties. Does this mean that further compounding errors happen just the same?

Comments

• What does the UCS Elevation in Properties of an entity, say a Line, actually mean - why is it only 'max' and 'min' rather than a xyz?

It just means the Z heights relative to the CS.
    And min/max is the lowest/highest vertex.

If min/max differ you can see that a e.g. Line is not true horizontal and not XY only.
    If you see min/max are the same, you know it is true 3D.

Or for a level 3D Cube, you can calculate its height by min/max values.
    OK, there are better ways to do such things.

If I need such values, I hold CMD/CTRL and hover over a Vertex to get XYandZ
    If I temporarily need a length, I hold CMD/CTRL and hover an EDGE.
    Unfortunately this does not work with any Geometry.
    E.G. it does work perfectly for Solids, but usually not for Solids inside Blocks (?)
    Not sure about 2D.

Why is UCS Elevation in Properties greyed out, not editable?

Its a pity that all these entries are grayed out and not editable,
    wherever that makes sense. E.G. Start and Endpoints of a Line ...
    (Or that you can't do simple math operations in numeric input fields, like 2*7.3687 m)
  • UCS elevation only gives you the info but is understandably not editable. You can easily edit all parameters of start and end point of a line. This in turn will of course also modify the UCS elevation. The UCS elevation is relative to your current UCS, regardless of the CS an the entity was created in. This is also the case with the start and end point XYZ values. I use Bricscad mainly to take onsite measurements of rooms for cabinet making, using Leica laser system which transfers the laser reading directly into Bricscad via wifi. So I will be raising a wall in the program, and then will use the laser reading to place a window opening. Since it is real life vs. Cad, the laser reading will never be flat zero on the wall. So I then align the UCS with the wall, edit all the relevant points to '0' (usually Y axis) and then I can easily make the opening and everything else. Very easy.