My partial CUIX file I imported from autocad has no icons showing

All my icons have question marks on my partial CUIX menu I loaded. I don't know where to store my 'bitmap' images so they show up properly. I have a trial version of Bricscad and need help with this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• You should be able to put your image files anywhere provided the folder is listed in Bricscad system variable SRCHPATH. Easiest to open Settings then search for SRCHPATH, then use the editor there. I use png files at 128x128 for toolbars. You'll need to close and re-open Bricscad for the new path to be effective.
  • Great! Thanks Martin, that worked! Follow up question, is there an easy way to get rid of the odd grayish background colors of my toolbar buttons since I brought them over from autocad, so they display better in Bricscad background color?
  • If I recall correctly at one time Autocad and Bricscad used different RGB colors for "transparent" in toolbar icons. For png files Bricscad now supports alpha channel transparency. Other supported icon formats probably do, too. You can use something like Greenfish Icon Editor to swap your background color to set alpha to 0.
  • You probably cut out buttons from AutoCAD directly from the screen along with the background. You will have to remove the background (replace it with a transparent one) in Photoshop. It’s better, of course, to replace the icons with those built into BricsCAD. For those buttons that BricsCAD does not have, I extract AutoCAD icons directly from the acadbtn.xmx resources. There they are stored in TIF format with a transparent background. Then they need to be converted to PNG. You can pack the finished icons back into a CUIX file (this is just a ZIP archive). Then you won't need to assign paths. Or you can combine the icons into a RESZ file with the same name as the CUI file and store them in the same folder as the CUI - then BricsCAD finds them without manipulating the search folder. You can find examples of homemade panels here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1o-aAsfnZYZV17E3pv07BBfCcWlharuDS
  • ALANH
    edited December 2023
    Custom toolbars in LT 2024 need BMP not png may be linked with the transparency problem, I write for both Bricscad & Acad users. Will dig deeper at moment no use of PNG.