Crosshairs not 'snaping' when not in a command

I set my snap to 1" and it works fine when I enter a command. But when not in a command there is no 'snapping', which i need to have. In Autocad there was a 'snapgridlegacy' command that would keep SNAP ON when not in a command. Is there a way to keep my SNAP ON when not in a command? (I am not referring to OSNAPS). Thank you.

Comments

• I would like that too !
    (Even to just read object coordinates easily from status bar)
  • There is no SNAPGRIDLEGACY variable in BricsCAD or other way to snap grid if no command is active. We have a feature request task about it, you can send a support request about this to add a value to the task.
  • I too have been waiting for a few years for this variable (SNAPGRIDLEGACY) to be implemented in Bricscad, and many users would also appreciate this implementation, but I got a bizarre response from a feature request a few years ago:

"We have discussed this previously and have found a several disadvantages and couldn't find a reasons to implement it:

-jumpy cursor
    -erratic cursor movement (for example, when the grid is not displayed but snap is on and the cursor faithfully follows that hidden grid)
    -side effects during window selection (when entities geometrically co-inside with the selection window)"

Strange thinking indeed. A variable usually enables something, and those who don't like the function just turn it off or set it to another value.
  • "A variable usually enables something, and those who don't like the function just turn it off or set it to another value"
    If only - the ability, which my workflow relies upon heavily, to Show/Hide elements within a Refedit session has a history of being enabled, disabled, re-enabled and now in v24 disabled again - so I'm stuck with using v23. The reasons given are some minor and obscure transgression of Acad compatibilty, potential source of unexpected state when a file is sent to someone else. So make it a variable-controlled option. No, won't do.