I need Ctrl C to be CANCEL

How can I set my Ctrl C setting to become a CANCEL command instead of the default Copy-Clip? AutoCAD used a "ClassicKeys" setting to do this. But there is not setting such as this in Bricscad. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Type CUI to bring up the CUI editor. In the keyboard tab find the Ctrl-C entry and change it as you see fit.
  • The ESC key cancels any active command or grip-stretch and de-selects all.
  • changing Ctrl+C in CUI to anything else doesn't allow me to cancel any current command. For example, when I'm in the line command, and I attempt to change ctrl c to 'Cancel' it does nothing. If I just leave the ^c^c it does nothing. I even attempted to put ESC there and that didn't work either. Running out of ideas....

I don't want to have to use the ESC key because I need to move my hand up to that button to select it. Keeping my hands stationary really helps my productivitity. Plus my use of ctrl c for cancel has been going on for 30 years and I wish to keep using that command.
  • John6373 said:

changing Ctrl+C in CUI to anything else doesn't allow me to cancel any current command. For example, when I'm in the line command, and I attempt to change ctrl c to 'Cancel' it does nothing. If I just leave the ^c^c it does nothing. I even attempted to put ESC there and that didn't work either. Running out of ideas....

I'm surprised that ^c^c doesn't work. In my older version of Bricscad, it does work. I re-defined Ctrl+C to just ^c, and now it cancels the running command.

I don't know why the new version should be different. The online help page for Keyboard Shortcuts says that Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+\ both cancel the running command. How are they defined in the Tools>Customize>Keyboard dialog in your version? In my older version, they're defined as just ^c.

The only other thing I can think of is that if there's more than one definition of Ctrl+C, then the last one is used, and any earlier ones are ignored.

Note that in my version ^c only cancels the running command. It doesn't de-select all. I don't know whether you want that. But I find that if I change the definition to ^c(sssetfirst)(nil)(nil), then it also de-selects all.
  • I use AutoHotKey to remap keys. It can be setup to where it’s app dependent
    https://www.autohotkey.com/