Loading an existing cui from previous install

PC died last week. I've now installed Bricscad on my new PC.
Rather than set up all my palettes from scratch I'd wondered if I inserted the old cui from my previous install off the old drive from that PC whether Bricscad would work yet alone open as set up previously on old PC?
Both were/are Win 10 Pro.

I'd customised some existing palettes and deleted a lot of commands, added others, so it was rather modified for my personal needs.
My thoughts were to rename current cui, copy old one to new directory, start Bricscad and Voila! Can it be that simple? B)
Thanks for your input

Comments

• I always make custom mnu / cui so I can load all my versions independent of the cad provider. I currently run 4 client menus on my Bricscad and Acad. You should be able to do what you want you may have a problem if you edited the master Bricscad cui as unloading and loading can be risky, yes have experienced that problem. You need to find all the master CUI before doing anything, I am not sure which one to replace and should auto load, There are multiple copies.
  • ALANH said:

I always make custom mnu / cui so I can load all my versions independent of the cad provider. I currently run 4 client menus on my Bricscad and Acad. You should be able to do what you want you may have a problem if you edited the master Bricscad cui as unloading and loading can be risky, yes have experienced that problem. You need to find all the master CUI before doing anything, I am not sure which one to replace and should auto load, There are multiple copies.

Thanks Alan
    Power's been off so no action here
    I've decided to just rebuild from scratch
    I'd be concerned I'd muck up the whole program