Overkill and registry settings

I call overkill from a toolbar button. I'd prefer a 'silent' version that uses a specific set of parameters. Easy enough to set the parameters in the command function, but then I get 70+ lines of text on the command line, or if I set CMDECHO, NOMUTT, or ^P I get nothing at the command line. I'd like to have just the two or so lines that report the number of duplicates and number of overlaps. I tried updating the setting in the registry before calling Overkill, but the Overkill apparently uses the registry values from when Bricscad started and does not check for registry setting updates.

Is there a way to suppress echoing of the changes to the settings but keep the progress report? Is there a way to force Bricscad to re-read the registry values before running Overkill? Is there a way to trap text that is suppressed from showing on the command line so I can manually print the lines I want to see?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I have LISP source code for the original Overkill so I could modify that code, but running a compiled version of overkill has to be faster than a lisp version, and the version built-in to Bricscad seems to work better the the original ET version.

Comments

• I that, when you run a script, there is a way to suppress the text, and another command that will turn the text back on. I can't find it now. So, perhaps my recollection is incorrect.
    Also, I think there are similar commands for LISP.