Duplicate attribute information inside a block

Hello,

I have made a titleblock with visibility states to allow both the size of the sheet and the number of text lines required for the drawing title to be specified. Examples:

Visibility states looks like this:

In order to make this work, there are multiple attributes all called the same thing with different locations depending on which state is selected.

This has been working great when used in a sheet set, but for any titleblocks used without a sheet set, the attribute list is absolutely huge and has several same named attributes which is confusing:

(Check out that scroll bar!)

So far, it looks like my options are:
a) Rename the attributes to specify which visibility state they are for (definitely doable, but just not a clean end result),
b) Reorder the attributes in BATTMAN to be clear which visibility state they are for (again doable but not ideal),
c) Make separate blocks for each option (I'd like to avoid this as changing from 1 drawing title line to 2 will lose all information and need to be filled out again).

I have tried to make the default value of some of the attributes a field which references an object (another attribute) however this has a few issues:
1) Referencing an attribute within the same block does not update with an ATTSYNC / REGEN,
2) Referencing an attribute in another block does work, but then either
a) A 'master titleblock info' block inside a 'titleblock' block is required, which means a double click on the 'titleblock' will not bring up the 'master' for editing,
b) Two separate blocks are required which defeats the purpose of making one all-encompassing block.

I did start looking into the 2d Parametric Blocks area but that's a brand new area for me and I couldn't make head nor tails of the options.

Ideally what I would like is to have one concise list of attributes to fill out (no double ups), with multiple different attribute locations dependant on the states. Masters of CAD, is this even achievable or am I dreaming too big? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ash