Grading with different slopes

I'm thinking about switching to Bricscad from Autocad and Civil3d.
I do a lot of excavation designe and construction pit protection.
One of the things that i like about Bricscad is the ability to make grading with sharp edges (Civil3d can't do that).
However, i have a problem with gradings with different slopes on each side.
Most of the time i have to design excavations that don't have uniform angles on all slopes. I tried it with assigning different angles to regions of grading, but Bricscad connects the angle of the end of one region to angle at the start of next region, and then makes transitions.
I need every region to have different but constant angle.

Is it possible to make something like this with gradings?

Comments

• You could use the GRADINGEDIT command with the option Split.
    Then, as splitting points, pick the corners of the source polyline.
    This will create regions whose properties (angles) can be edited in the Properties panel.

Here is a link to the command article.
    https://help.bricsys.com/en-us/document/command-reference/g/gradingedit-command?version=V24&id=166625052210

Regarding the corners, these ones can be set as Sharp, instead of Rounded.
    To do this, select the grading and activate the Properties panel.
    In the lower part of the panel, in the Grading settings, there is the Corner type field - set it as Sharp.
  • Have a look at Civil Site Design works with Bricscad, lots of great stuff, much easier to use than CIV3D.
  • I tried splitting grading into regions, but it doesn't work the way I want it. You can define angle on the start and finish of "region 1", but then the start of next region has the same angle. They are "locked" together. I need each region to have different but constant angle.
  • The reported behavior occurs because it is not possible to generate a surface with various slopes to accomodate any geometric configuration of the source polyline and any configuration of the target TIN surface.
    Some constraints are needed to maintain the functionality of the generated grading.
    One constraint is that nearby regions have the same angle in the shared point.

If a surface with various slopes is required, and having sharp edges, this could only be achieved by constructing the surface in an usual way.

First the geometry should be created with the desired slopes.

Then, the target TIN surface could be used to create a regular surface.
    This surface will be used to SLICE the geometry created previously.

Finally, the sliced geometry could be converted into a TIN surface.

The procedure might be quite tedious and the resulted geometry is not a grading, but a TIN surface.
    However, it might be useful in some cases.