Drafting over the Point Clouds Volume Section

Hello All! I'm loosing my mind here. Really. Trying to draft a simple 2D floorplan from clipped Volume Section but the lines are invisible. Some of them are visible in Y but not X. Can you guys share your workflow for this, please?

Comments

• Hi,
    Is it possible that the lines are being drawn at the surface of the volume section and some of them are being clipped too?
    Instead of a volume section you can use POINTCLOUDCROPSOLID, this way only the pointcloud is clipped and the rest of the entities are unaffected.
  • Hi,
    You can also use the 'live section' option on a volume section instead of 'clip display'. The former one will only clip away 3d geometry and show all 2d entities.
  • Piet said:

Hi,
    You can also use the 'live section' option on a volume section instead of 'clip display'. The former one will only clip away 3d geometry and show all 2d entities.

Thanks, Piet! It's exactly what I was needed. I really appreciate it.
  • Hi,
    Is it possible that the lines are being drawn at the surface of the volume section and some of them are being clipped too?
    Instead of a volume section you can use POINTCLOUDCROPSOLID, this way only the pointcloud is clipped and the rest of the entities are unaffected.

Thanks, Omid! I'm learning how to draft over the point cloud slice and this option never was considered by me because I was using the POINTCLOUDCROPSOLID command just for one reason - to crop the rest of the cloud from the area of my interest. I will read more about this option. Thank you.