DWG to EPS

I am trying to convert DWG files to EPS files so they can be used in Adobe photoshop. In AutoCAD this can be done by setting up a new plotter (Adobe PostScript Level 2) that writes to a file instead of a device (I do something similar now with a Windows Printer that converts DWG to PDF). IntelliCAD has no way I can find to do this. I dont do this often enough to justify expensive batch process conversion software.Can anyone help me?

Comments

• I think the procedure in IntelliCAD is similar to the one in AutoCAD. Since IntelliCAD uses the printers (plotters) that are installed in Windows, you have to do the printer installation in the ADD PRINTER dialog in Windows. Then you can select this printer in the PRINT SETUP in IntelliCAD.

• I tryed this already. Unfortunatly Windows (unlike AutoCAD) does not list Adobe as a printer manufacturer or PostScript as a model.

• I typically use pdf's generated from the drawing for photoshop work. Pdf will open in Photoshop and save to any raster format, such as png. Any particular reason you need EPS format files?

• EPS is what the printer (silkscreener) reqested and recieve from their AutoCAD users. They (the printer) use Macs for what its worth. Also they replace the text (a windows based TTF or AutoCAD font) with a Mac font.

• You can download the 'Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver Installer 1.0.6 - English ' from the following location:http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=1500&fileID=1438

• Already did that. The driver produces a PRN file not a EPS. Silkscreener is looking into other formats like PDF that might have acceptable quality.

• Try downloading PDF995 from the net.Its free and its great I use it all the time.Installs as a printer.http://www.pdf995.com/

• Thanks. Thats what I already use for PDFs. Hoping to find similar guy for EPSs

• when you create a printfile with the postscriptprinter above you get a *.prn file. When you rename the file to *.eps you can open the file as a postscript file.

• Thanks. I will give that a try.

• The *.prn files are in fact eps-files. There is no need to rename them (but you can if you want to). You can check the nature of the files by opening them with a text editor (e.g. notepad) and look at the first lines in the file.

This discussion has been closed.