Parametrically locate arrays and blocks / components

Hello. I'm trying to make a grid that fits into a frame that can change length and width parametrically. I was going to use an array, but I can't seem to find any way to locate the array to fit the frame so that it changes when the frame moves.
I might have missed something very basic as I am new to parametric modelling.
Please how do I parametrically locate array base points and blocks / components. Even with If I can change the location relative to world UCS, I can work with that.
Thanks.

Comments

• Hello.

To parametrically locate arrays and blocks in a main drawing, the 3D distance constraint (DMDISTANCE3D) can be used.
    Further, using one plane of the block coordinate system and one plane of the WCS the block can be positioned along one axis.
    Similarly, another two constraints can be created to fully determine the block posirion.

The problem, in this case, is that parametrization doesn't work with the source element of the array.
    So, if this one needs to be edited, to adjust to the new size of the frame, the editing must be done manually, using ARRAYEDIT > Source.
  • Virgil said:

Hello.

To parametrically locate arrays and blocks in a main drawing, the 3D distance constraint (DMDISTANCE3D) can be used.
    Further, using one plane of the block coordinate system and one plane of the WCS the block can be positioned along one axis.
    Similarly, another two constraints can be created to fully determine the block posirion.

The problem, in this case, is that parametrization doesn't work with the source element of the array.
    So, if this one needs to be edited, to adjust to the new size of the frame, the editing must be done manually, using ARRAYEDIT > Source.

Thanks. I didn't realise that I had to select block in the options to make it work:

Regarding your comment about parameters not working within the array. The solution is to go to the array sub parameters and select "link to parameter"