Printing bugs

I am very annoyed with the new printing bugs which were introduced with the latest version. Intellicad is interfering with and overriding the windows print driver settings.On our printer, HP LJ 5000:Default paper size is Letter, regardless of what I set as default in the driver. Have to go to advanced properties for EACH print to set paper size. If I do a preview, guess what: It reverts to Letter. I have noticed some changes/enhancements which I don't understand:Network button: A new way to select installed printers? In what way is this better than the old one? I don't understand. Spooling button/Force print to file: I guess this is supposed to be an aid for batch plotting. Well, maybe it would be if only the paper size would stick. You should roll back these "enhancements" until they have been properly tested and fixed.

Comments

• it's fixed. We're going to update the release. regards, sander, bricscad

• This was the problem: there are two categories of paper formats, the named formats (A0+,A4,..) and the width*length (as is used with custom paper sizes). Our implementation of the second category was wrong.We regret the inconvenience, the update with the fix is now in betaregards, sander, bricscad

• Sander: The .0023 release did not fix the problem.

• I reported a similar printing bug on Nov 22, 2002. I since have found a work around to the problem I had but until I did it was terribly frustrating.

• Now I'm confused.How can I print on 11" x 17" (tabloid") paper with my HP 120c printer?Thanks.VM

• Correction: above printer is an HP 1120c.VM

• Seems to work better now, in .0024. Problem still appears each time I change printer, but I can live with that. Settings will stick after I adjust them in advanced properties. I still don't understand why default settings from the printer driver are not applied when I change printer. That would make a LOT more sense.As it stands, it is still an improvement over previous (working) versions to have printer settings remembered from session to session.

• Ver. 3.3.0024 can print 11" x 17" on my HP 1120c again. Thank you.

• unfortunatly i am having the same problems of printing to hP1050 designjet too...on version #4. have you find a way to fix it too ?

This discussion has been closed.