TTF for replacing isocp.shx

I often got my hands on old (electrical) drawings containing all kind of fonts. Mostly it works as-is. Sometimes I just change (almost) all font to isocp.shx and it will almost always works, all looks just fine. Alongside Bricscad (v21) I have an application that interacts with Bricscad. I collect the drawings, one dwg per sheet, to fits in one single dwg with each sheet in each layer.
The application handles this very smooth and it also easily create a single PDF for all or selected sheets/layer.
Sometimes the old drawings contains (old)shape, or block with shape inside. The application can not handle this so the PDF will be full of "holes" instead och those blocks/shapes.

Bricscad,s Exportpdf handles this fine but since it just create one PDF per sheet (I got a script for that) I afterwards need to collect them to a single PDF. This is easily done with pdfarranger.
But that last step is a little bit annoying and leaving unwanted files left if I forget to delete them.

So if I then do a scripted print job to BluebeamPDF or a another PDF-printer instead?
Yes this also works. But the PDF are not searchable, like they are with Exportpdf, especially text in shapes.
Even if a to a OCR - text in block with shapes is not searchable.

If I replace my shx font to TTF font I can produce fully searchable PDF,s.
Since I know it mostly works if all fonts is isocp.shx my idea was to replace isocp.shx (and all another fonts as well) to a TTF font that have same size as isocp.shx so text can still fit in boxes and so.
I found isocp.ttf and it seems to be same size and so but the text is greyed?
Trying with i.e. arial.ttf the text is not grayed.

So, in short, what font to use to visually looks like isocp.shx but in not grayed?

Comments

• I think ISOCP.ttf has a small thickness, try the ISOCPEUR.ttf instead.
  • Mikael63
    edited March 23

I think ISOCP.ttf has a small thickness, try the ISOCPEUR.ttf instead.

Thanks. ISOCPEUR.ttf gives also gray text and totally garbled text.

Also tried with geniso.ttf
  • I decide to use Arial.ttf since I believe that font is pre-installed in every PC.
  • Maybe use Arial Narrow a thinner font.
  • Yes, thanks!