Have a spare/unused old Bricscad BIM (or PRO) licence? I'm interested!

Hey!

I am not (and probably won't be) using bricscad as my main software, so I wouldn't buy a new licence, but I am very fond of the possible freestyle+classify BIM approach part, which can be exported as IFC, and would be interested to discuss price with someone who has a spare licence to sell.
I am interested in any version since BC-BIM exists, so I would guess V15-16 and up.
Feel free to contact me if you have one in the drawer that you don't need.

Thanks,
Zsolt

Comments

• so I would guess V15-16 and up.

I would avoid the first one or two BIMIFY iterations.
    Later versions got so much better and more reliable.

On the other hand, earliest BIM Versions with Direct Modeling
    only and assigning BIM Tags manually wasn't bad also ....
    I still often work that way and classify things manually after I
    created a few Solids, just because I am used to and its easy.

If you properly organize your geometry with Layers, you could
    do the BIM tagging in your main App also.
    So you could even use a current Bricscad Shape.

And on the other other hand ....
    Since 3-4 versions Bricscad BIM finally got a really useful and
    mature BIM App (until a certain LOD).
    If you like the Solid Direct Modeling approach plus all the unique
    BIM AI Tools, have no aversion against the underlaying ACAD
    standards (which I personally do), you may even want Bricscad BIM
    as your main BIM App one day anyway.

But I hope you find an abandoned license.
  • Hey!

I am not (and probably won't be) using bricscad as my main software, so I wouldn't buy a new licence, but I am very fond of the possible freestyle+classify BIM approach part, which can be exported as IFC, and would be interested to discuss price with someone who has a spare licence to sell.
    I am interested in any version since BC-BIM exists, so I would guess V15-16 and up.
    Feel free to contact me if you have one in the drawer that you don't need.

Thanks,
    Zsolt

Hi, Zsolt!

I asked managers about this, they suggest to submit a Support Request under customer service: https://boa.bricsys.com/protected/support/NewSupportRequest.do?categoryID=18, and they will deal with it from there.

Best regards,
    Lyubov
  • Hi Lyubov!

Do you mean that the BC customer service can actually connect me with people with unused licences to sell??
    That would be great help. The possibility sounds surprising though...

Regards,
    Zsolt
  • Hi, Zsolt!

I'm not sure, I didn't get any details about it. But I think it's worth to ask to know their offer )

Best regards,
    Lyubov
  • Do you mean that the BC customer service can actually connect me with people with unused licences to sell??

It could be that selling an unused Bricscad license had never happened before.
    (At least they don't have such typical "Selling Licenses" Sub Forum here)
    But support is the first place to ask if and under what circumstances this may
    be possible.

Each company has its own philosophy.
    AFAIK all of my 3D or CAD Apps I ever licensed allowed to transfer perpetual licenses
    to a new owner in the past. Some ask for a transaction fee, some forced the buyer to sign
    a maintenance contract or such things.

The cofounder of Modo once said that an unused dead license doesn't help anyone.
    So they supported selling and transferring used licenses.
    This way the license is back in active use and there is a chance that the new user may
    upgrade/start maintenance later.

Beside checking modalities to buy a used licence of an older Bricscad version,
    I think Osina hinted that support may also have further ideas or options for
    other attractive solutions.
  • Hey!
    zoomer said:

It could be that selling an unused Bricscad license had never happened before.

Well it sure did. I've checked the forum, and there was someone selling a bricscad lite licence and succeded with it.
    Also, cutomer service has replied since last time and did not rule out the possibility of license transfer, they just said that they can't connect me with a seller and I should consider buying a years subscription instead, which is not that expensive. Fair answer I guess, but I'm still into the idea of an abandoned licence, so if someone is willing to discuss price I'm still open to that! :)

Zsolt