imported components lose their BIM attributes

Hi,
I want to know how the BIM attributes from customized components could be shown in the model after insertion. In the attatched screenshots, there is a customized component in library that has some BIM attributes such as "type" (I made the component using CREATELIBRARYBLOCK).

After I insert it inside a new file, the "type" and the whole BIM category data is not shown anymore.

I wonder why this happen, since for the original components in BC library, the BIM data is just there after insertion.

What am I missing? How can I make components that behave like the BC library components?

I must add that the reason I want to make customized components is to reduce the number of constraints and parameters in my main file. If there are better ways to achieve this, I'm all ears (and eyes).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi,
    You need to classify the whole drawing (component) first.
    To do that, open your new component, run BIMCLASSIFY without anything selected, select a BIM type, select :

: BIMCLASSIFY
    Classify entities as [Wall/Column/Slab/Beam/wIndow/Door/sPace/buiLding/sTory/building Element/Xref/Other/Auto/stRuctural/Unclassify] : S
    Select entities to classify [selection options (?)] :
  • Thanks Piet! This totally solves my problem!