Label styles RefHAlignment

Dear all,

I recently discovered a label style new to me (see screenshot). It is available when creating a new label style in the Civil explorer

1#Civil explorer -> Settings -> Surfaces -> Create new
2#Tab components -> Add component -> Contents edit -> Add property -> Use property from other objects -> Object type = Horizontal alignment -> Alignment station value

Does anybody know how to use the functionality or whether there will be additional label styles soon to come?

Best

Sebastian

Comments

• Hi Sebastian,

once you've setup some property from 'other' objects in the label style, then the provided 'Object name' should appear in the properties panel when you select one or more of the labels (or civil points) that are using that particular label style.
    So in your case when you can click Ok in the 'Add property' dialog -> Create a Contour label (since you created a 'Halign_1' style in the contour label style section), when prompted for style type 'Halign_1' -> select the newly created contour label and now in the properties panel you should see the 'RefHAlignment' in the 'Data' section. If you have any horizontal alignments in the drawing you can select it via drop down box. The label should then display the station value at the point that's closest to the label.
    Hope this helps!
  • Hi Andrej,

thanks a ton for the hints.
    Fetching info from horizontal alignment works, but vertical I could not manage so far. I suppose that once one arrives to programmatically steer the civil points, one may reach a visual representation similar to ACAD C3D.

Would you happen to have a similar recipe to fetch info from within a vertical view?

Best

Sebastian

• I'm glad that it helped you! Unfortunately though, retrieving any useful information (through civil labels) from vertical views or vertical alignments is currently not possible. If this is something you'd like to see in the future I would suggest that you create a support request to help with the prioritization.
  • Have a look at Civil Site Design runs inside Bricscad a full Civil package at a reasonable price.