2D drafting: Can't create solid white color fill of closed polyline in PaperSpace

I'm new to BricsCAD (BC), coming from Vectorworks. I'm doing 2D engineering drafting

I want to do something that was easy to do in Vectorworks, but which seems impossible in BC. I'm working in monochrome PaperSpace--white background with black lines. I want to fill some closed 2D areas with white color. This is easy to do in BC with HATCH command for every solid color except one: white. In this latter case, when created on the white background of PaperSpace, the solid white fill reverts to solid black every time.

I've tried the WIPEOUT command, but I've found it works only on rectangles. Strangely, the BricsCAD Help Center listing makes no mention of this limitation, and instead states without qualification that one may apply it to a (closed) "polyline." To belabor the obvious, this is false: not all closed polylines are rectangles.

I welcome thoughts or suggestions from experienced users on this topic.

Comments

• I can use WIPEOUT on a non-rectangular polyline, just be sure that it's closed not just visually - select polyline and look for "Closed" property in the Properties panel. If it's "No", you can change it to "Yes" right here.

• Thank you Ms. Osina! That worked easily. An excellent answer, and problem solved.
    Best regards,
    Tango
  • zoomer
    edited April 3
    In this latter case, when created on the white background of PaperSpace, the solid white fill reverts to solid black every time.

Which makes sense as you can't recognize white fill on white background.
    Pretty handy.
    But that conversion only takes place if you use pure white (255/255/255).
    As soon as you choose a bit of a more "gray" color (like 255/255/254)
    there should not be that auto conversion.

Generally I thought the problem it is about comfortable adding a fill
    on a pure line drawing. (draw 2D Polygon - bucket mode - in VW)
    Yes, no fill (color) in Bricscad as in ACAD.
    And good that it works by HATCH.
    Although, if you do not like real hatching but a solid color fill, Hatches
    in Bricscad often often refuse to show a solid fill instead.

As it seems we deal with Polylines,
    in VW when drawing these and finally snap to the starting point, VW will
    close the Polyline. (AFAIR Microstation did the same and had a fill option)
    AFAIK doing so in Bricscad will leave you with an unclosed Polyline but
    to redundant vertices at the common start and end point instead.
  • Tango said:

Thank you Ms. Osina! That worked easily. An excellent answer, and problem solved.
    Best regards,
    Tango

You are welcome! I'm glad it was helpful )

Best regards,
    Lyubov