[Solved] Exporting Settings Without Licence

Hi all,

Is there a way to export your workspace and customisation settings without a licence?

I was previously trialing the program on one computer where I made a lot of changes to the settings and have now licenced it on a different computer. After installing and logging in I have found myself back with the defaults and would rather not spend the hours digging through the settings trying to figure out all the things I had previously changed...

Ling.

You should be able to run the User Profile Manager to export your profile settings. With BricsCAD its possible to run this command independently, outside of the application. Look for it on the Windows Start menu for your install.

Comments

• try this:
    step 1:
    in your old computer go to this folder: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V24x64\en_US\Support.
    look for the .cui files, and copy them to the same location in the new computer.

step 2:
    in your old computer go to this folder: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V24x64\en_US\Templates.
    copy all the template files to the same location in the new computer.

see if it help.

aridzv.
  • Using profiles can help this problem, you can edit the desktop icon to start with a different profile. We just copied the Icon and edited the copy its in General I think. Single click icon look at properties.

Part2 when we did upgrades all is gone so we use a lisp to reset all the paths etc add correct menu's and so on. Even down to individual users having special options.
  • You should be able to run the User Profile Manager to export your profile settings. With BricsCAD its possible to run this command independently, outside of the application. Look for it on the Windows Start menu for your install.