Poor Performance Sheet metal Hole Array

I've attached a dwg with a sheet metal part with an array of holes. Doing anything with the holes creates a severe drop in performance. Also, doing anything more to the sheet metal such as changing flange widths, lengths, angles creates a severe drop in performance. I'm not new to cad but I've only been using 3d modeling for a couple years so there may be a work around or possibly it's my computer hardware that's the issue. The only thing I have come up with is to bmlink and clear the holes from the sheet, make my changes, and then bmlink them again. This may be the only way. I've had other issues with 3d modeling and performance drops when using constraints.

Win 11 Pro
bricscad mechanical v23.2.07
Xeon W-10855m
32 Gb ram
Nvidia quadro RTX 3000

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric

Comments

• Hello.

I could reproduce the slowness.
    This might be caused by some limitations of the ACIS kernel, related to boolean operations.

The solution of using BMLINK seems to be the best for this case.
    Possibly, linking back the holes could be left as the last modelling operation.
  • Thank you, sir. What version of bricscad and windows are you running? Also, what's your pc setup?

Thank you,

Eric
  • Hello.

I tested with V24 on Windows 11.

However, from my testing the slowness seems to relate to how ACIS performs boolean operations rather than the hardware configuration.