V24 Ubuntu 22.04 - constant notifications that Bricscad is ready

I get constant notifications in gnome desktop that Bricscad is ready. This interrupts the last command or action. It also stops keyboard entries until the notification is acknowledged or times out.

Comments

• SteveMST3K
    edited April 3
    Forgot to mention the V23 on 22.04 does not give constant notifications.

-edit: I am mistaken, its on V23 also.
  • SteveMST3K
    edited April 3
    It has to do with the window in focus with in gnome. I manually configured selected window always in focus and it does not happen or at least its mitigated some. I went back to stock gnome and its like every click in drafting space the "Bricscad is ready" notifcation come on, the bricscad window focus is gone, and this interrupts any command or key stroke. FWIW I am on gnome 42.
  • You are right it has to with the window focus in Gnome.
    There are some gnome extensions that help with this which I found here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1286206/how-to-skip-the-is-ready-notification-and-directly-open-apps-in-ubuntu-20-4

https://askubuntu.com/questions/80969/gnome-shell-move-windows-to-front-on-launch-no-more-is-ready-to-use-noti

For me the one found in the first link "grand-theft-focus" helped.

• SteveMST3K
    edited April 4
    Yea the grand-theft-focus removes the pop up notification. It however still allows keyboard input interruption. This is a band-aide. I really think Bricscad should be in a flatpak form. They could make one set of packages for all linux systems improving the user experience.

The issue seems to be on Wayland and X11 also.
  • I have been running it pretty solid on 22.04 with KDE Plasma as DE. Gnome and Bricscad is defiantly broken. It suffered from the window focus problem on 3 gnome distros based on ubuntu ranging from 20.04, 22.04, and 22.04 with 6.8 kernel. With KDE Neon which is 22.04 with latest KDE Plasma which it currently 6.02 its smooth like the Windows version.
  • Gnome and Bricscad is defiantly broken. It suffered from the window focus problem on 3 gnome distros based on ubuntu ranging from 20.04, 22.04, and 22.04 with 6.8 kernel. With KDE Neon which is 22.04 with latest KDE Plasma which it currently 6.02 its smooth like the Windows version.

Good to know and thanks for testing.

I prefer KDE much.