How-To Needed: Delete a Duplicate Tool in Partial CUIX

Starting to learn partial CUI modification, I mistakenly assigned a similar tool (with slightly different names) that is in use. It appears I cannot delete one of the two tools.

How are these duplicates removed?

See screenshots below.

Comments

• I stayed away from the CUI and use Custom mnu file for this type of reason, you can make mnu using notepad for Pop menus and toolbars, unfortunately when ribbons where added they dropped mnu for them.

You will probably have to use CUI and edit the menu you should be able to remove a line.
  • Hello.

According to the message, that specific tool is already added to some other interface item - menu, toolbar shortcut.

First, it needs to be removed from the interface items where it is currently added.

Then, it can be removed from the toolbox.
  • Virgil said:

Hello.

According to the message, that specific tool is already added to some other interface item - menu, toolbar shortcut.

First, it needs to be removed from the interface items where it is currently added.

Then, it can be removed from the toolbox.

I thank you, Virgil.

This makes sense. However, It still appears to only show/exist ONLY in the menu and toolbar now (as I can tell anyway).

I will re-start THE ATTEMPT to remove it.

Right now, it is rather frustrating.
  • ALANH said:

I stayed away from the CUI and use Custom mnu file for this type of reason, you can make mnu using notepad for Pop menus and toolbars, unfortunately when ribbons where added they dropped mnu for them.

You will probably have to use CUI and edit the menu you should be able to remove a line.

The CUI is powerful but complex and a bit too complex for this average customizer who is uninitiated / a newbie.

I agree. The MNU-based customization scheme was straightforward and a bit cryptic at the same time
    Right now, it is considered to me as a cakewalk by comparison in this instance.
  • SOLUTION FOUND: Under the TOOLBARS tab, elimination of the TOOLBOX was key to making this possible.

I was hesitant at blowing away my customized TOOLBOX due to my unfamiliarity with CUI customization only.

I am starting to understand the relationship among various functionality (as tabs) in the CUI scheme (dialog box) a bit better now.

In this case, the Partial CUI MENU entries were not affected when I deleted TOOLBARS as I first feared.

Now, gaining is experience is key to confidently using CUI.
  • Just some hidden info about CUIX, 1st copy and rename to .zip, then you can open it up, the powers to be Microsoft etc have gone to the xml format for saving files, something I found out recently so the XLS, DOCX etc are actually XML format files. Have a look. In the case of Acad.cuix you will find so many files inside that you can look at.

Why mention it ? It was on my to do list, unfortunately its right down at the bottom to write a xml file based on a MNU format, so Ribbon files could be made easy and no CUI.

So easiest is open a Custom cuix renamed ZIP made from a MNU to see what is going on.
  • ALANH,

I see. I thank you for these insights!

Have a productive day!

Clint