Sheet set custom properties

Sara_Davoudi
edited April 8 in BricsCAD BIM
Hi,
I have a question regarding sheet sets and the custom properties. I want to add a number of custom properties for the sheet set. And I want to use these properties as a template for next projects. I tried saving an xml and import it in the new project. but it doesn't work the way I want. In the "sheet set manager" panel, I see the custom properties when I right-click on my imported xml sheet set and choose custom properties. But in BIM project browser info, I see neither any sign of the imported sheet set and nor any of the custom properties.
Can someone help me understand what is the use of this xml import export in sheet set manager panel?
And how can I make a template with the custom properties?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi, when a new project is created a dst file is created based on the "Section sheet set template metric" setting. See image below.
    You can change this dst file with the sheet set manager panel.
  • Hi Piet,
    Thanks again.
    Is it possible to export/import these custom properties as an excel? Right now I only know how to do it one by one, manually.
  • hi Sara,
    no, this is not possible.
  • Thanks again.
    Then I must ask if there is any project-wide custom properties that:
    1. could be transferred from file to file,
    2. is editable and exportable, respectively using and to csv or excel.
    Any tips would be appreciated.
  • I don't know if it's any help. I have some sheetsets with custom properties. I usually save-as to a new name and then export to xml. I can then rapidly edit names in Notepad++ using the search and replace functions. Then I import the xml back to a sheetset. I do the save-as first, to stop myself from accidentally overwriting my original sheetset.

• Thanks DFLY,

it is a practical solution but since the volume of the projects I need this for is large, I needed a faster solution. So I wrote a simple python code that manipulates the file using csv.