Parametric Blocks Need Work!

I am attempting to setup a new system for a new Architect client.
Creating parametric blocks from scratch is horrible in Bricscad v24. Having grips to manipulate a parametric block is essential. I cannot believe this is not available in Bricscad.
This is the one an only time I wish I had Autocad's dynamic block functionality back.

Comments

• The development team is continuously working on improving the Parametric Blocks features.
    Unfortunately, at the moment there is no way to change block parameter values via grips in BricsCAD, but development team is discussing how we can provide fast parameter edit directly from modelspace as there is a feature request task about parameters edit.
  • I miss grip editing too but it would be nice if user parameters can be edited also via rollover tips.
  • This the most missing functions and one of the major drawbacks of Bricscad. Please add this feature.

I am still using my 5-year-old dynamic blocks from AutoCAD that I cannot edit in BC and sometimes with advanced chain reactions they don't work properly. I don't convert to parametric blocks because then I would not have grips.

The patent for dynamic blocks owned by Autodesk is valid till 2027 (AutoCAD had parametric blocks with grips in 2007 or 2008). Theoretically one day after the patent lapses BC could enable the edit of dynamic blocks as well.
  • Thanks for all the comments. I am glad I am not the only one feeling the pain.
    Also, thank you Patricia for some insight to what you are working on behind the scenes.