Properties and layers panels width

Hello,
while drafting, the main lateral panels I use are (unsurprisingly) "properties" and "layers" panels. The problem I have is that the "layers" panels requires a much bigger width than the "properties" panel in order to display enough layer properties columns. So, everytime I switch to "layers", I have to enlarge the panel manually, and when I switch back to "properties", I have to resize it to a smaller width (if I don't, it takes too much of valuable drawing space). Is there a way to get BricsCAD to "remember" different widths for the panels so I don't have to resize manually everytime ?

Comments

• Hello.

This feature is being considered, but it is not possible with the current interface structure.

Regarding layers, something that could be useful would be the EXPLAYERS command.
    This command could be added to the interface as a custom tool, to be easily accessed.
  • Personally, this is one of the first things I did when I started using BricsCAD, I changed my shortcut to use 'Explayers' instead of the layer palette. I think layers needs a decent dialog box which takes up the screen for when you are working on layers you cannot do anything else anyways. For quick actions the layer drop down exists in the ribbon and the status bar.

For anyone starting anew I would highly recommend focusing on the 'Drawing Explorer' for it is a powerhouse.

• Maybe I should get that habit. After all, that's what I've been doing in OtherCAD for some years, before the layer dialog became non-modal (and that's the slight problem with Drawing Explorer : it's modal, i.e. I can't keep it open (on a second monitor, for example) while working on the drawing, which would be convenient when I'm "fine-tuning" the layer's properties).

• Not sure what kind of 'fine-tuning' you do but I would have imagined it wouldn't be much or too often if you have some kind of standards for your drawings. And in times when you need a full-blown layers dialog box you can use the 'Drawing Explorer'

Either way you are the best judge of your workflow. Glad to see you are open to modifying your workflow to adapt with the software.

All the best

• We have 20-years standards, but, since we do architecture (from small houses extensions to medical facilities) instead of, say, piping works, exceptions arises quite often.

• @Fa3ien, I don't know if this is non-modal or can be collapsed, but there is a trial so it might be worth a look.

https://jtbworld.com/jtb-layer-palette