How-To Needed: Establishing a Corporate CUI + Local Customization Allowance

To CAD Administrators or Power Users:

If you have tips on setting the subject line item up, please chime in.

Thanks,

Clint

Comments

• My suggestion is stay away from customising any default mnu, we had multiple custom pop and toolbar menu's. Very easy to edit as that can be done with notepad. Inside CUI you can make custom Ribbon CUIX so these can be loaded on multiple pc's.

We had a setup lisp that sets all support paths, templates etc, loads menu's. You can make a setup.lsp for different users.

We had a central server so all relevant files were kept there and not on user pc's. Yes did have the odd server black out but that meant we could not load a dwg anyway.

We reset the temp directory you will be suprised how much junk you create. Have a cleanup temp.lsp.

Happy to provide more info.

• Pardon the late reply! Your reply is very informative and relevant as there will be further discussion on most points mentioned.

The only exception being that ours is a cloud-based setup.

I now understand any company-standard CUI can be loaded as a partial CUI to allow users to modify non-standard content and settings to suit their workflow.

Also, I understand the importance of placing a copy of this company CUI in a secure, read-only folder.

Expect more discourse based on your reply… and thanks Alan!

• Clint