Text tool annoying behaviour

Sometime ago, in BC23, I tried to solve a problem a colleague had with (simple) text entities, and, in the process, I managed to set (with the little green handles) what seems to be a zero-width default (or zero-height ?) for the implied text box (sorry, in all the attempts made, I don't remember exactly what I did).
The problem is that, since then, whenever I create a simple text entity, while I'm typing the initial string, the words I type restarts from the insertion point each time I hit [space], and, after the final [enter], they reappear…

without spaces ! Watch the joined video for a demo.
I can't find a way to "reset" that behaviour, and, unfortunately, upgrading to BC24 hasn't reset it either ! Any idea ?

Comments

• This looks really weird. Does the same happen if you create a new User Profile (which has all default settings)? Whether changing of TEXTED variable to another values influence the behavior?

• Fa3ien
    edited April 25

Thanks for your answer.
    I created a new profile, named "Test" (the current one was "Default"), and the problem disappeared. I also tried changing TEXTED variable, and here's the result :
    - profile "Default" :
    texted 0 : problem
    texted 1 : OK
    texted 2 : problem

- profile "Test" :
    texted 0 : OK
    texted 1 : OK
    texted 2 : OK
    Clearly, some variable is the culprit. I'll stick with TEXTED 1 for now, but will write a script to compare the two profiles' exports to try to find the variable which causes the problem (and will report it here).

• Found ! MTEXTCOLUMN was set to 1.

So, if MTEXTCOLUMN is set to 1 and TEXTED is set to 0, the problematic behaviour appears when typing simple TEXT.

I would say it's a bug, since MTEXTCOLUMN should have no effect on simple TEXT ! I will report it.

• Thank you for your findings and reporting the problem! I think this happens when TEXT is set to 0 or 2 because the same in-place editor, as for Mtext, is used in this case.