New User lost with plotting

I'm having a nasty time getting my head around plotting. I can get plots out, but colours and line thicknesses in the result are not always as expected or wanted. Is there any literature or videos that could help a learner? The Local Authority I am dealing with mentions ACAD.LIN in it's guidelines but I can't find that anywhere.

Comments

• Do you use any Plot style table for printing? It would be easier to help you if you attach some example drawing, Plot style table file (.ctb or .stb) and illustrate wrong output.

ACAD.lin is AutoCAD's linetype file, do you have missing linetypes in your drawing? But it shouldn't influence color and thickeness, most probably the Plot style table is related.

• We used custom CTB you can edit one of the default ctb's and save it to your requirements. We had pens 1-8 set to Black so would override layer color, each pen got thicker, they matched the old ISO ink pen settings. 0.18 to 1.0 the other 9-251 were set to color, 252 on was kept as greys.

Oh yeah had a Black white printer so all pens were set to black Mono.ctb, so stopped odd grey colors coming out.

For Bricscad default.lin, again we had Custom.lin with lots of extra linetypes.

Last comment we did not reset Lineweight for very thick lines rather would use plines with thickness.

Happy to provide some ctb or lin's