Forum - edit a quote

Not sure I like this re-worked forum. Seems I can't edit a quote to show just the sentence that I want to quote?

Comments

• Not sure I like this re-worked forum. Seems I can't edit a quote to show just the sentence that I want to quote?

I think work needs to be done on code formatting for lisp

(defun test_1 ( / item start)
      (setq start (car (_VL-TIMES)))
      (vl-load-com)
      (vlax-for item 
            (vla-get-modelspace (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))) 
                    (if (= "AcDbPoint" (vlax-get-property item 'ObjectName))
                            (vlax-get-property item 'Layer)
                    )
      )
      (princ (strcat "\n " (rtos (/ (- (car (_VL-TIMES)) start) 1000.) 2 4)))
      (princ)
    )

• actually, that worked pretty good

• Lyubov Osina
    edited June 5

You are right, quote is not editable now. This is not supported anymore by the updated Bricsys forum.

But you can create a partially quote like Daniel demonstrated above: type '>' then space and mention user if this is needed:

@Tom Foster Not sure I like this re-worked forum.

It's a pity 😏

• Tom Foster
    edited June 5

That's really retrograde. In the old forum it was annoying enough that selecting the concise bit of text did not get only that bit quoted; at least it could then be edited down before posting. Now it can't be edited down at all, except by that clunky "'>' then space and mention user" workaround. This is sure to lead to great long chunks of quoted text where it's not clear which is the relevant bit. Whose idea was that? Please think again.

• This was not our idea, it has come from Vanilla's update.

• Lyubov, how did you end the partial quote? When I tried that trick, everything I typed after the "greater than" character looked like it was all part of the quote.

• @Anthony Apostolaros I just click by mouse the string under the created quote; down arrow key also moves caret to next, non quoted string.