Bill of Material (BOM) and BIM data

I'm having trouble using BOM in a certain situation. I have a model which is made of 6 dwg files (each file includes a number of linear solids made of profile) which will be assembled later in one file. Now, what I want to achieve in my BOM table, is to include columns with data such as BIM profile. But except for the steel member which is modelled directly into the main file, the BOM doesn't show these kind of data.

From BOM manager panel menu, I chose the "subassembly" in the "selection set" and then it works for the chosen block. I want to know how to have it work for multiple blocks so I wouldn't have 6 different table but one hierarchical table that has all 6 blocks in its level 1.

Is it possible to do that in bricscad? Can I fix this problem another way?

Comments

• Hello.

Assuming there is a main drawing and a few others attached to it, you could experiment with setting the BOM Selection set to Entire drawing and the BOM Type to Bottom level.

Then, you could select the Profile property from the drop-down list and add it to the BOM as a new column.
    Profile property is in BIM category.

• Hi Virgil,

Thanks for your response. I saw it just today (didn't get any notification).
    Your suggestion was my first attempt to fix the issue but the attached drawings, imported as blocks, are impossible to be peneterated by BOM (to get to their entities) and the lowest level I can get to, are the blocks inside imported blocks (only their blocks and no other entities).

I solved it another way (making a seperate BOM for each inserted block using subassembly and then aggregating them).

But I wonder, if Bricscad has the ability to use "one" subassembly to give a list of entities in it, why can't it allow a functional method to choose more subassemblies and have them list all their entities in a sublist of that subassembly.