Keep only "Blocks" in current selection.

Hi all, and thanks for reading in advance

Short: When I have a selection with all kinds of objects (Blocks, lines, dimensions, etc…).
I'ld like a command that keeps only the blocks in my selection.

Long: I need to do this so the attributes of my blocks become visible. So I can fill in values.
In Autocad I had a working lisp for this (see attached).
Or with autocad's "Quick Select" this was also possible.

Comments

• Hello.

From my testing, the script works fine in Bricscad.

Alternatively, you could work with Quick Select like this:

1. Activate Properties panel.
    2. Create a selection.
    3. In Properties panel click the button "Swithch between Quick Select and Properties".
    4. From the drop-down choose "Block Reference".
    5. In the toolbar below, click "Add to new selection set", it is the rightmost button.

At this stage, only the blocks in the original selection are still selected.

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited July 13

The custom command in the attached file will de-select everything in a selection set except for any block insertions in the set.

If you remove all the leading semi-colons from the code, it will also give you the option to de-select everything except insertions of one particular block — but only if that block's name has no spaces in it. You'd have to type the name of the block, or else hit Enter to opt out of selecting a particular block. So it would not be as useful for what you want to do. If you leave in the leading semi-colons, or delete all the lines with leading semi-colons, it'll just quietly de-select everything but block insertions.

• Hello WesFr,

(defun C:XCLUDE (/ sset ) ; = Selected Blocks Only
    (if (setq sset (ssget "_I" '((0 . "INSERT")))) ; there are preselected objects [= Implied selection]
    (sssetfirst nil sset ); select/grip/highlight only Blocks among them
    ; Will also include "INSERT" object types other than Block references, such as XREF, MINSERT, WMF
    )
    )

• ALANH
    edited July 14

Check out lee-mac.com SSGET functions has some real helpful filters you can use. Don't forget can have multiple filters.

(setq sset (ssget '((0 . "INSERT")(cons 8 layname)(cons 410 (getvar 'ctab)))))

Not to mention Not And Or etc.